What are they?

Under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 for England and Riding Establishments Acts 1964 and 1970 for Scotland and Wales, riding establishments are required by law to be licensed by local authorities.

The licence may only be issued or denied by the local authority following an inspection and report by a veterinary surgeon who is a member of the RCVS Inspectorate.

We have two vets whom are members of the inspectorate, Clare Penter and Jane King. They cover Westmorland & Furness district council, Richmond district council and Lancaster district council.